Five Minutes to Your First Donation
Seamless Donations is so easy to install and configure that your Web site can accept donations via your Stripe or PayPal account within five minutes of downloading the plugin.
Seamless Donations is free and does not charge you a commission or percentage fee.
Other vendors take 2% right off the top of every Stripe transaction unless you purchase an expensive add-on. Seamless Donations does not siphon off money from donations intended for your good causes.
Learn more on the Seamless Donations home page.
Automatic Recurring Donations For Stripe and PayPal
You can instantly give your donors the option to make their donation repeat automatically. You can turn on on the option with a click, which gives your donors a checkbox to make any donation repeat. This feature is free for both Stripe and PayPal.
Other Free Premium Features
Seamless Donations comes with free features other plugin vendors charge hundreds of dollars for. In addition to free recurring donations and the Stripe gateway, Seamless Donations includes:
- Tributes: Designate a donation “in honor of” or “in memory of” and specify both the honoree and person to notify when the honor donation is made.
- Gift Aid: For those of you in the UK, once you specify UK as your country, Gift Aid is automatically enabled.
Watch the Intro Tutorial
Gorgeous, Compelling Responsive Forms
The default Modern form is fully responsive and scales for mobile devices. Seamless Donations users can also purchase the Beautiful Donation Forms or the Colorful Donation Forms style pack, containing hand-crafted, responsive forms designed to encourage donors to gift to your organization.
Track Donors and Donations
Seamless Donations uses standard WordPress post types for Donors, Donations, and Funds so not only can you keep track of your most important contributors, you can use all of WordPress’ tools and plugins to manage them.
Show Donors Your Appreciation
You can email donors customized email Thank You messages. You can also set up “in honor of” donations and send a customized Thank You email to a designated recipient. With the Thank You Enhanced extension you can display custom Thank You pages personalized for each donor.
Docs, FAQ, Video Tutorials, and Support
Visit Seamless Donation’s comprehensive documentation and video tutorial section for tips, FAQ, training videos, basic skills videos, troubleshooting guides, and more.
Plugins and Extensions
Seamless Donations supports compatible free plugins including CAPTCHA, export, and mail integration, plus premium add-ons and extensions that can help you get the most out of your fund-raising efforts. New premium add-ons include:
Fight Back Against Spam
Seamless Donations and GoodBye Captcha now work together to keep your site and forms safe. Block spambots without annoying captcha images.
Support for the following currencies is built into Seamless Donations 4.0:
- Australian Dollar
- Brazilian Real
- Canadian Dollar
- Czech Koruna
- Danish Krone
- Hong Kong Dollar
- Hungarian Forint
- Indian Rupee
- Israeli New Sheqel
- Japanese Yen
- Malaysian Ringgit
- Mexican Peso
- Norwegian Krone
- New Zealand Dollar
- Philippine Peso
- Polish Zloty
- Pound Sterling
- Russian Ruble
- Singapore Dollar
- Swedish Krona
- Swiss Franc
- Taiwan New Dollar
- Thai Baht
- Turkish Lira
- U.S. Dollar
- German translation (as of 4.0.1)
- Spanish translation, courtesy David Chávez (as of 4.0.2)
- French translation, courtesy Etienne Lombard (as of 4.0.2)
- Portuguese translation, courtesy Daniel Sousa (as of 4.0.9)
- Hebrew translation, courtesy user semistazic (as of 4.0.16)
- Norwegian translation, courtesy of an anonymous user (as of 4.0.16)
- Italian translation, courtest of Giuseppe F. (as of 5.0.17)
- HUGE thank you to users doing these translations!
- Assist with translations
Here are some of the major features added since 4.0
- Full Stripe support: Seamless Donations now provides full, native Stripe support, including support for recurring donations
- Gorgeous donation forms: Redesigned, responsive default form, plus a library of 35 additional form designs available for purchase.
- Updated, modern admin UI: The admin interface has been updated to a modern tabbed-look.
- Custom post types: Funds and donors have now been implemented as custom post types. This gives you the ability to use all of WordPress’ post management and display tools with donors and funds. The donation data has always been a custom post type, but it is now also available to manipulate using
plugins and themes outside of Seamless Donations.
- Designed for extensibility: The primary design goal of 4.0 was to add hooks in the form of filters and actions that web designers can use to modify the behavior of Seamless Donations to fit individual needs. The plugin was re-architected to allow for loads of extensibility.
- Forms engine designed for extensibility: Rather than just basic form code, Seamless Donations 4.0 now has a brand-new array-driven forms engine, which will give web site builders the ability to modify and access every part of the form before it is displayed to donors.
- Shortcode engine designed for extensibility: The main shortcode for the plugin has been designed so that extensions can add features to the main seamless-donations shortcode.
- Admin UI designed for extensibility: Yep, like everything else, the admin interface has been designed to allow for extensibility.
- Translation-ready: Seamless Donations 4.0 has had numerous tweaks to allow it to be translated into other languages.
Open Source, Extensible, and Developer-Friendly
Seamless Donations was designed from the ground up to be developer-friendly. Here are some of the developer resources you might find useful:
Support has moved to the ZATZLabs site and is no longer provided on the WordPress.org forums. If you need a timely reply from the developer, please open a ticket. The developer reads every ticket.
If you’d like to keep up with the latest updates to this plugin, please visit David’s Lab Notes and add yourself to the mailing list.
This plugin was adopted in March 2015 by David Gewirtz. Ongoing support and updates have continued, as evidenced by the major 4.0 and 5.0 upgrades. Feel free to visit David’s Lab Notes for a development roadmap and additional details. Special thanks to Allen Snook for originally creating the plugin and making adoption possible.