This WordPress shortcode plugin generates inline HTML for the Font Awesome icon libray.
You can use any icon code supported by Font Awesome 6.
A few notes about this plugin:
- You may choose to host your Font Awesome 6 files locally (default)
- You may choose to use the Font Awesome CDN
- You may choose to specify a custom URL for your Font Awesome files
- You may choose to disable Font Awesome assets if you include them elsewhere
- This plugin may create entries in your PHP error log (if active)
- This plugin contains no tracking code and does not process or collect any information about the visitor
- Tested with WordPress 5.5-5.9
- Tested with PHP 7.2 and PHP 7.4
Decide if you want to use the included Font Awesome assets, they are the time of this writing at version 5.15.2. If you want to use another version, you can replace the included assets, use another URL for the CSS and webfont assets, or specify a Font Awesome CDN kit URL.
There is one shortcode available with this plugin:
This is intended as a quick reference for the shortcode. For a complete list of Font Awesome classes, please see fontawesome.com. Some icon styles may only be available with a Pro license. You can (obviously) specify everything class related in the class=”” parameter if that is more convenient for you.
Generate element with icon and default (icon) style:
Generate element with the specified style and icon:
[scfa icon="far address-book"][/scfa]
Generate element with the specified style and icon and size:
[scfa icon="far address-book" size="5x"][/scfa]
There are more examples in the SCFA plugin settings screen.
The Shortcodes for Font Awesome Plugin was written by Joaquim Homrighausen while converting caffeine into code.
Shortcodes for Font Awesome is sponsored by WebbPlatsen i Sverige AB, Stockholm, Sweden.
This plugin can also be downloaded from code.webbplatsen.net and GitHub