The Basic Data Protection Regulation (DSGVO, EU-DSGVO, GDPR) stipulates that a site visitor must have the option to object to the collection by Google Analytics.
- Support for Google Analytics 4 (GA4)
- Full integration of the new WordPress DSGVO / GDPR features
- Weekly check whether the settings are still data protection compliant!
- Compatible with Google Tag Manager.
- NO other plugin needed to use the Google Analytics code on the website. This can be integrated directly by this plugin.
- Site visitors can deactivate the Google Analytics tracking for themselves and also activate it again afterwards.
- Link text for the activation and deactivation link can be changed individually.
- A popup can be set up, which appears after clicking the link.
- The UA-Code can be entered manually or read out automatically by a Google Analytics tracking plugin (see compatible plugins).
- HTML5 Local Storage Fallback: If a user deletes his cookies, the opt-out cookie can be restored if the local storage was not additionally deleted by the browser.
- WordPress Multisite compatible.
- Fully compatible with Gutenberg Editor.
- Compatible with: Advanced Custom Fields, WPML, Polylang and Loco Translate
- Also works on the smartphone, provided that the browser supports cookies.
- Visual customizations through custom CSS codes that are loaded only together with the shortcode (optimized loading time).
- Translation for DE and EN available.
- Full support for PHP 8.1
Regularly check whether the settings are still data protection compliant!
To ensure the highest security, the plugin regularly checks the settings. Should a setting no longer fit, then an error message appears in the WP Admin (Backend / Dashboad) or you will receive an email.
You can freely choose the frequency of the check. The following intervals are available: daily, weekly or monthly.
The following settings are checked:
- Opt-Out function enabled
- Opt-Out shortcode present on the page
- Page with the shortcode publicly available (published and no password protection)
- Valid UA-Code found (only the formatting is checked)
- IP anonymization enabled (Works only in conjunction with a compatible plugin or the tracking code is stored in the plugin)
Integrated compatibility with the following plugins
It is not a requirement to use the listed plugins! The Google Analytics Opt-Out Plugin is also compatible with other plugins and can be used even if the Google Analytics code itself was inserted.
With integrated compatibility, we make work easier because the current UA-Code is automatically read out and kept up to date. This means that it does not have to be corrected manually.
Keeping track of all the GDPR legislative changes is not easy. Especially not next to the core business. That’s why we offer you a data protection generator with our partner easyRechtssicher.
More info here: https://schweizer.solutions/datenschutzgenerator
Do you like our plugin?
It motivates us a lot to keep working on our free plugins if you leave us a positive review.
Coded with love by Schweizer Solutions GmbH
This plugin is not from Google and is not supported by Google in any way. Google Analytics is a trademark of Google LLC.