Unlock Seamless Import-Export with WP CSV Ultimate Importer & Exporter Plugins Now!
WordPress export is a process of exporting all your content, structure, and assets from a WordPress site. This can be imported back or restored when needed with all the required details.
This process is often required when you want to move the site content from
- one WordPress site to another,
- to a different server or hosting,
- back up your content in case something happens to your WordPress site.
Exporting the content going to be simple with this plugin. There are several options to export all your content or certain types of content. If want to trim your content, you can use advanced filters to exclude unwanted and unused items.
Please note that the WP Ultimate Exporter plugin is an add-on to the WP Ultimate CSV Importer. It extends the functionality of the import plugin and enables the export of various WordPress elements such as
- Custom Posts
- Post Tags
- Post Categories
- Users & WooCommerce Customers
- WooCommerce Products
- WooCommerce Variations
- WooCommerce Orders
- WooCommerce Refunds
- WooCommerce Coupons
- Customer Reviews
The plugin supports export file formats like CSV or XML. The advanced filter options will ease up the whole process. It helps to export only the data required without many complications. Also, filters for author, delimiters, status, and time range are available.
Imp. Note: This plugin is an add-on. Therefore, before proceeding with the export, please install the WP Ultimate CSV Importer plugin first.
- Easy export in two simple steps
- Support for Post, Page, and Custom Post types
- Export any custom fields along with post types
- Auto delimiters and forced quotes to avoid conflicts
- Date filter for a specific time range limit
- Filter data based on different post status
- Filter post data by author’s name
Supported Modules To Export
- Core Module: Post, Page, Custom Post, Category, Tags, Users, Customer Reviews
- eCommerce Products: WooCommerce, MarketPress, WP e-Commerce
- SEO fields: All-in-One SEO and Yoast SEO
- Custom fields: Toolset Types, ACF, CMB2, CustomPress, Custom Fields Suite, Pods, CCTM
- Custom Post: Types, CMB2, CustomPress, Pods, CPT UI, CCTM
Try it in action
You can explore the functionality of the plugin through our demo sites:
We appreciate your support! If you find the plugin useful, please consider giving it a rating 🙂
If you need a WordPress import & export tool, you can check on our WP Ultimate CSV Importer for advanced features.
How to Export
Step 1: Module Selection
* Go to the Export tab in the plugin.
* Choose one module.
* Click on ‘Continue’ to move next to export.
Step 2: Advanced Settings & Filters
* Provide the filename and file type.
* To export the data based on filters, select any desired export filters and specify the values.
* Click ‘Export’ and download the exported file in the configured file format.
Export Pages from WordPress
There are two ways that you can export your WordPress pages.
The first is by using the built-in export tool which is limited in features, and the second is by using this plugin.
The built-in export tool can be found in the WordPress admin dashboard under Tools > Export.
From here, you can select which content you would like to export (pages, posts, etc). Once you have made your selection, click on the “Export” button and a file will be downloaded to your computer.
If you want more control over the exported file, or if you want to export pages that are not part of the standard WordPress install, then you will need to use this plugin.
Once you have installed and activated the plugin, you can find it under the WP Ultimate CSV Importer plugin >> Export (tab). From here, you can select pages as option names and choose a file format to export. The plugin will then generate a file that you can download to your computer.
Export All Posts from WordPress with Images
Exporting your WordPress posts is a simple process that can be done in just a few minutes. There are advanced ways to export your WordPress posts. If you want to export your posts without any hassle with more control, then we recommend using Advanced filters to export as a CSV or XML file.
To export your WordPress posts, follow these steps:
- Install and activate both the WP Ultimate Importer plugin and the WP Ultimate Exporter plugin.
- Upon activation, the plugin will add a new menu item labeled ‘Ultimate CSV Importer”
- Please refer to the section above titled “How to Export” for further instructions.
If you have any other questions, check our documentation or contact our support.
If you have a WooCommerce store that is operational, navigate to the export tab of the plugin and select one of the available options. Once you’ve made your selections name your file, choose the file format, and apply the advanced option to the Export.
- WooCommerce Products: You can Export all WooCommerce products along with their images, containing all of the products and product data that you selected as a CSV or any supported file.
- WooCommerce Variations: Do you have WooCommerce product variations? just like products you can get variations that can be exported, manipulated, and imported back if needed.
- WooCommerce Orders: Exporting orders with status can help you prepare periodic reports, analyses, and studies.
- WooCommerce Refunds: Export refunds to calculate the percentage along with your sales and marketing reports.
- WooCommerce Coupons: The export can help you find the effectiveness of coupon offers and plan your future promotions.
This is useful if you need to export your products, variations, orders, and refund to a spreadsheet for further analysis or manipulation to import back. This file can be imported into another WooCommerce installation or store setup.
Export Categories, Tags, and Taxonomies
Taxonomies in WordPress are a way to classify and organize posts and pages into different categories. These categories can be hierarchical, meaning one category is a parent of other child categories, or they can be “flat” without any hierarchy. Taxonomies make it easier to find related content by filtering out unrelated content.
For example, if you had a blog about cars, you might create the following taxonomies:
- Make (e.g., Honda)
- Model (e.g., Accord)
- Year (e.g., 2005)
If someone wanted to read your blog post about the 2020 Honda Accord, they could easily search for that specific make/model/year combination and find it quickly.
If you ever need to export your WordPress taxonomies, you can do so in either CSV or XML formats. To export them go to the “Export” page, and choose from Post Tags, Post Categories, or Taxonomies for custom taxonomies. Next, provide a file name and select the file format from CSV, XLS, XML, or JSON formats. Now apply advanced options and click to export and Download the Export File.
There are a few different ways that you can export users in WordPress.
One way is to export users manually by exporting the WordPress database. To export users from the WordPress database, you will need to connect to your website hosting panel or through SSH to access the database.
This method is more advanced and should only be attempted by experienced users.
Another way is to export users through this plugin to export all user data, including metadata, into a CSV file. Select Users as the option from the export tab in the plugin interface.
Once you have exported your users into a CSV file, you can then import them into another WordPress site. This is how you can migrate your users to import all their data, including metadata, to a new server, hosting, or website from the CSV file.
Click ‘Export’ to load the plugin’s export screen where you can select what you want to export i.e. menus here. Select “Custom Posts” >> choose “nav_menu_item” from the list of options from the dropdown you want to export and then click on the Continue button. Name the file to process, hit export and download the file to your computer.
You can now upload this file to another WordPress site (same or different domain) by going to the plugin > Import tab in the WordPress admin. That’s all there is to it!
Watch this informative video tutorial on the WP Ultimate Exporter plugin including various third-party plugins data export.
More to Come
– One-click Website Export & Migrate
– One Click All Import
– Validation for advanced options and filters
– WooCommerce reports & inventory manager
– Improved log
– Periodic Space cleanup
Supported 3rd Party Plugins
- BBPress Plugin – Topic, Reply, and Forum Export.
- LearnPress Plugin – Courses, Lessons, Quizzes, Orders, and Questions Export.
- WooCommerce – Products with categories, attributes, tags, and Images exported. Orders, Refunds, Variations, and Coupons can be exported.
- All-in-One SEO Plugin – SEO Fields Export.
- WP Customer Reviews – Reviews Export.
- Multilanguage by Websoft.
- WooCommerce Product Bundles Plugin.
For support and feature requests, visit Smackcoders support .
Read the blog to know about our latest WordPress add-on updates.