Duo Security provides two-factor authentication as a service to protect against account takeover and data theft. Using the Duo plugin you can easily add Duo two-factor authentication to your WordPress website in just a few minutes!
Rather than relying on a password alone, which can be phished or guessed, Duo’s authentication service adds a second layer of security to your WordPress accounts. Duo enables your admins or users to verify their identities using something they have—like their mobile phone or a hardware token—which provides strong authentication and dramatically enhances account security.
Duo is easy to setup and use. With Duo there’s no extra hardware or complicated software to install, just sign up for Duo’s service and install the plugin. Then you can set which user roles you want to enable two-factor authentication for—admins, editors, authors, contributors, and/or subscribers—without setting up user accounts, directory synchronization, servers, or hardware.
When they log in, your users have multiple ways they can authenticate, including:
- One-tap authentication using Duo’s mobile app (our fastest, easiest way to authenticate)
- One-time passcodes generated by Duo’s mobile app (works even with no cell coverage)
- One-time passcodes delivered to any SMS-enabled phone (works even with no cell coverage)
- Phone callback to any phone (mobile or landline!)
- One-time passcodes generated by an OATH-compliant hardware token (if you’re feeling all old school)
Protect your WordPress website in minutes with Duo.